Monday 15 July 2013

FABULOUS MAGAZINE!

The past week has been a bit of an exciting adventure for me, as I've spent the last week doing work experience at Fabulous magazine! I still can't really believe it.
 
OUTFIT 1/.
TEE - ZARA, JEANS - RIVER ISLAND, SANDALS - NEW LOOK, BAG - MARC B @ TOPSHOP
 
I was pretty nervous on Monday morning, but that quickly went away after being introduced to Mira, the stylist for the magazine, and the other two work experience girls, including the super lovely Elizabeth of The Little Box of Style (check it out!). It was really nice to share the experience and the work load with these two really nice people. 
 
 
OUTFIT 2/.
DRESS, BELT, SHOES, BAG, NECKLACE - ALL TOPSHOP

We quickly got stuck into the immense and never-ending task of somehow organising the fashion cupboard, something that became increasingly more challenging and stressful as the week went on. It was a mission which eventually we had to admit defeat to, what with the endless bags of clothes being sent into the magazine, being edited and then being sent back.

OUTFIT 3/.
TOP - FRENCH CONNECTION, SKIRT - ASOS, SHOES - TOPSHOP, BELT - ASOS
 
The whole fashion team were so wonderful and kind and made me feel so much more relaxed and welcomed. There were no Wilhelmina Slaters or Miranda Priestlys to be seen, thank God! The wonderful and warm Tracey (Fashion Director) gave me some advice, saying that it's tough on busy weeks like last week, but it's the stressful and sometimes boring work like clearing the fashion cupboard that really tests whether you want to be in this industry or not. At times it was hard and tiring work, but I was just so happy to be there and was happy to do any work at all. Plus, one of the fun parts of sorting through all these piles of clothes, was getting a good look at some of the gorgeous A/W 2013 clothes. I've got a couple of items saved in my memory.
 
 OUTFIT 4/.
JACKET - ASOS, TEE - TOPSHOP, NECKLACE - RIVER ISLAND, JEANS - AMERICAN APPAREL, SHOES - TOPSHOP
 
Thursday was probably the most exciting and fun day from the week. Myself and Elizabeth were asked to assist at a photoshoot for the Shopping Issue, showing a look at some of the big A/W trends. Having no expectations of the week, I was so unbelievably thankful that I was going to get to be involved in a photoshoot! The day involved unpacking the suitcases of outfits and hanging everything up, steaming the clothes (thankfully I have some prior experience of this) and dressing and undressing the models between each shoot. A particularly distinctive memory from the week was during Thursday's shoot, when everyone sat around a table just eating pizza like 'sure, this is normal'. It was one of the those surreal moments when I was able to stop for a second and realise how lucky I was to be there. Everyone, from the hairstylist to the models, was SO nice. I cannot say enough how nice everyone was.
  
OUTFIT 5/.
JACKET - ASOS, TOP - TOPSHOP, JEANS - RIVER ISLAND, SHOES - TOPSHOP
 
Come Friday, I was so incredibly tired and my body ached all over, but still I was so sad that my week was over. I gained so much experience, from sending returns to PR companies and typing credits from Thursday's photoshoot, to dressing models. I met some lovely people, gained so much experience and I am so grateful and appreciative of my time there. Now I'm just super eager to apply for more magazines and more experience! XOXO

6 comments:

  1. I love the 1,3,5 outfits :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think no/3 is my favourite :) x

      Delete
  2. wow that's such an amazing opportunity! congrats! it's funny you mentioned Wilhelmina Slater cos I won't lie, I did imagine an Ugly Betty kind of place

    -Aida

    http://sunshinesuperwoman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know me too but it's so normal in comparison, and everyone is really kind and lovely :)

      Delete
  3. aahh im interning at fabulous atm just finished my first week, i shall try and look after the fashion cupboard for you :)

    xxx www.fashionfumblings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow haha you could try it was a bit manic the last time I saw it :) Have fun, it's so lovely there. xxx

      Delete