Monday 5 November 2012

VAMPIRE NAILS


CLEAR BASE & TOP COAT - MODELS OWN, PINK GLITTER POLISH - MODELS OWN IN MAGENTA DIVINE, BLACK AND WHITE NAIL PENS - MODELS OWN X WAH NAILS
 
Belated Happy Halloween everybody! Since I had no plans or parties this year I honoured my favourite holiday with these fun nails. In case you can't tell (some people got confused when they saw them), they are a vampire mouth design. They were a little bit tricky to get right but in the end they turned out pretty good. First, I needed to do a clear base coat on my nails and let them dry. Sometimes I forget to do a base coat but I always remember to do a base coat before applying a glitter polish because when removing the glitter without a base it can really really damage the nails.  I then used a glittery pink polish for the lips, making a small 'V' at the bed of the nail to create the top lip. To get a solid colour I recommend doing two to three coats. I then used the brush end of a black nail pen to make a rugby ball/American football shape in the middle of each nail, making sure it touched the point at the bottom of the 'V' shape. This just makes it look more like a mouth. I then used a white nail pen to draw on the white teeth and fangs. Finally I used to top coat to finish. A top coat can be really good when using glitter polish as it makes the nail really smooth and stops the glitter from fading or coming off. I got loads of compliments from people at collage and at work, and I think they would be good for any time of year too, especially if you are a twihard (Twilight die-hard obvs..) or something :) XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment