Monday 16 July 2012

*JAZZ HANDS*







Sooo last week I became a cultured theatre goer. Sort of. My school was doing a production of 'Hairspray' for a couple nights, and somehow I was dragged to watch it TWICE. I'm not all that into musicals or general theatricality much (apart from Grease, Mary Poppins, um.. Calamity Jane, maybe The Sound of Music, Sweeney Todd). Okay, whatever. The point is, I wasn't feeling too enthusiastic about the show. I envisioned that it would be over-the-top and embarrassing. I remember seeing the 2007 version a few years back and just not getting it. Like, at all. So naturally I thought this would be the same. But I tried to be open-minded and figured it could be fun. I went with friends Dannii, Fiona and Charlotte, and had a few friends in the show, so I thought even if the production sucked I could have a laugh or two. As it happened, there were many MANY laughs. To my surprise, I was laughing WITH IT, not AT ALL. Although in saying that, there were also some hilarious cock-ups too. At one point, some members of the cast forgot to turn their mics off, meaning you could hear them bitching about each other HA. It's all the funnier when you know the people and who they are bitching about but yeah :). And on the last night there was actually a tiny little FIRE backstage. No biggie I guess.




The cast were actually so incredibly talented. In particular the girls playing Tracy and Motormouth. They were such amazing singers and performers. But everyone was so much better than I expected. And omg right so the star of the show was leading man/lady Edna Turnblad. Ha the guy playing her was so hysterical and the best part of the show for sure. Oh and there was wine <3. I'm so happy that I decided to go. Just the whole thing was so funny. I wore black Topshop jeans, black jumper, and a Topshop leather jacket. I tied an old check shirt round my waist and took my small bag from a charity shop.






XOXOX



No comments:

Post a Comment