Friday 27 July 2012

OLYMPIC NAILS




Hiya! So somehow I managed to leave the house today after a week of not really doing anything (by that I mean watching DVDs and hilarious clips on youtube :|) and ventured into town with my dad for some serious and important grown up jobs (snore). I experienced a rare and completely embarrassing 'fail' moment while getting a new railcard (I hate myself for using the word 'fail' sorry). Okay so I was at the ticket desk with my dad and this guy was signing me up for a new card, and he asked me 'and when were you born?'. This was one of those 'to check that you are who you say you are' kind of things. I was born in May. I know this very well. I don't understand why, but I started to say April. It was kinda like 'Ayypu...um..what? May. MAY!!'. My dad looked at me and I knew he was thinking 'WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU CHILD!?' and all I was thinking was 'AGHH I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!'. The guy looked at me like I was a freak. It was so stupid. My mind went blank and I actually managed to forget my birthday. I am so completely stupid sometimes. He clearly thought I was just a having a weird moment (CORRECT) and gave me the card anyway. I was so embarrassed. It was awful. I then went to the bank to ask them why I have no money :'( and the rest of my day has consisted of feeling sorry for myself as I am losing my voice a little bit. So yeah today has just been the best!

It's been really reaaally hot the last week and today it is still pretty muggy and humid, so I wore a black and blue midi dress from Topshop Boutique. I apologise to anyone who was blinded by my snow-white calf's today :( I mean I like the 'pale and interesting' thing but I am a bit of a joke. I am so SO white it can be deeply upsetting LOL okay I don't actually mind that much. I wore the dress with my leopard-print belt, also from Topshop, because it is quite shapeless. The nude pumps are from Topshop and the bag is from a charity shop.




In other news, as today is of course the official start of the London Olympics, I wanted to paint my nails with an Olympic theme. I initially tried to paint little Union Jack's on each nail, but as my little brothers and sister have pretty much squeezed the life out of my white nail art pen, it was a complete failure. SOOo I thought I would get a bit creative and do something different. I painted the nails in red, blue and gold, then added different combinations of glitter and gems. I'm so mad for 3D nail art at the moment so I really wanted to start using gems and things on my nails. I love the end result because they are just a bit of fun and so different from what I have done in the past.

I literally have only started to feel enthusiastic about the Olympics in the last 48 hours or so. It's been in the news I think every single day for about a year. But it does now seen pretty exciting. I really hope tonight is huge spectacle like anticipated and not a total disaster. I also am actually really excited for Team GB to do the best in the next few weeks and bring in the medals. I think it's going to be pretty special for sure. Go London lav ya XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment